This release includes backward-compatible support for Python 3.3 and 3.4,
support for IPv6, Amazon VPC connection peering, Amazon SNS message
attributes, new regions for Amazon Kinesis, and several fixes.
Python 3 Support
- DynamoDB (issue 2441, commit 0ef0466, issue 2473, commit 102c3b6,
- CloudWatch Logs (issue 2448, commit 23cbcd1)
- Support (issue 2406, commit 7b489a0)
- Elastic Beanstalk (issue 2372, commit d45d00e)
- CloudSearch (issue 2439, commit 25416f9, issue 2432, commit b17f2d9)
- STS (issue 2435, commit 1c1239b)
- SimpleDB (issue 2403, commit 604318d)
- EC2 (issue 2424, commit 5e5dc4c)
- VPC (issue 2399, commit 356da91)
- OpsWorks (issue 2402, commit 68d15a5)
- CloudWatch (issue 2400, commit a4d0a7a)
- SWF (issue 2397, commit 6db918e)
- MWS (issue 2385, commit 5347fbd)
- ELB (issue 2384, commit 4dcc9be)
- Elastic Transcoder (issue 2382, commit 40c5e35)
- EMR (issue 2381, commit edf4020)
- Route53 (issue 2359, commit 15514f7)
- Glacier (issue 2357, commit a41042e)
- RedShift (issue 2362, commit b8888cc)
- CloudFront (issue 2355, commit f2f54b1)
- ECS (issue 2364, commit ab84969)
- Fix pylintrc to run with pylint/python 3. (issue 2366, commit 6292ab2)
- SNS (issue 2365, commit 170f735)
- AutoScaling (issue 2393, commit 6a78057)
- Direct Connect (issue 2361, commit 8488d94)
- CloudFormation (issue 2373, commit 9872f27)
- IAM (issue 2358, commit 29ad3e3)
- ElastiCache (issue 2356, commit 2880f91)
- SES (issue 2354, commit 1db129e)
- Fix S3 integration test on Py3. (issue 2466, commit f3eb4cd)
- Use unittest.mock if exists. (issue 2451, commit cc58978)
- Add tests/compat.py for test-only imports. (issue 2442, commit 556f3cf)
- Add backward-compatible support for Python 3.3+ (S3, SQS, Kinesis,
CloudTrail). (issue 2344, issue 677, commit b503f4b)
- Add marker param to describe all ELBs. (issue 2433, commit 49af8b6)
- Update .travis.yml to add pypy. (issue 2440, commit 4b8667c)
- Add ‘include_all_instances’ support to ‘get_all_instance_status’.
(issue 2446, issue 2230, commit 5949012)
- Support security tokens in configuration file profiles.
(issue 2445, commit a16bcfd)
- Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo are missing in Kinesis Region.
(issue 2434, commit 723290d)
- Add support for VPC connection peering. (issue 2438, commit 63c78a8)
- Add seperate doc requirements. (issue 2412, commit 2922d89)
- Route53 support IP health checks (issue 2195, commit 319d44e)
- IPv6 support when making connections (issue 2380, commit 1e70179)
- Support SNS message attributes (issue 2360, commit ec106bd)
- Add “attributes” argument to boto.dynamodb2.table.Table.batch_get.
(issue 2276, commit fe67f43)
- Add documentation for top-level S3 module. (issue 2379, commit db77546)
- Prevent an infinite loop. (issue 2465, commit 71b795a)
- Updated documentation for copy_image. (issue 2471, commit f9f683a)
- Fixed #2464 added keyword “detailed” to docs. (issue 2467, issue 2464,
- Retry installation commands on Travis CI. (issue 2457, commit a9e8057)
- Fix for run_instances() network_interfaces argument documentation.
(issue 2461, commit 798fd70)
- pyami module: tidy up to meet PEP8 better. (issue 2460, commit e5a23ed)
- Updating documentation on cloudsearch regions. (issue 2455, commit de284a4)
- Fixing lost errors bug in cloudsearch2 commit implementation.
(issue 2408, commit fedb937)
- Import json from boto.compat for several modules.
(issue 2450, commit 55e716b)
- Relocate MWS requirements checks; closes #2304, #2314.
(issue 2314, issue 2304, commit 6a8f98b)
- Added support for creating EMR clusters with a ServiceRole.
(issue 2389, commit 7693956)
- Doc fix: doc_service instead of service on Deleting.
(issue 2419, commit f7b7980)
- Fix dummy value typo on aws_access_key_id. (issue 2418, commit fc2a212)
- Fix typo; add test. (issue 2447, commit effa8a8)
- Fix CloudWatch Logs docstring. (issue 2444, commit d4a2b02)
- Fix S3 mock encoding bug (issue 2443, commit 8dca89b)
- Skip the ETag header check in responce while using SSE-C encrpytion of S3.
(issue 2368, commit 907fc6d)
- Fix Beanstalk exception handling. (issue 2431, commit 40f4b5d)
- EC2 UserData encoding fix (Full version of #1698).
(issue 2396, issue 1698, commit 78300f1)
- Fetch S3 key storage class on-demand. (issue 2404, commit 8c4cc67)
- Added documentation for /manage/cmdshell.py. (issue 2395, commit 5a28d1c)
- Remove redundant lines in auth.py. (issue 2374, commit 317e322)
- Fix SWF continue_as_new_workflow_execution start_to_close_timeout.
(issue 2378, commit 5101b06)
- Fix StringIO imports and invocations. (issue 2390, commit 03952c7)
- Fixed wrong call of urlparse. (issue 2387, commit 4935f67)
- Update documentation on Valid Values for ses:SetIdentityNotificationTopic.
(issue 2367, commit 3f5de0d)
- Correct list_saml_providers to return all items.
(issue 2338, commit 9e9427f)
- Fixing ELB unit tests. Also did some PEP8 cleanup on ELB code.
(issue 2352, commit 5220621)
- Documentation updates. (issue 2353, commit c9233d4)